Little Dribblers Academy Careers
Calling all ECEs with a Passion for Diversity and all things FUN!
Little Dribblers Academy is an extremely innovative program which covers the Little Dribblers Curriculum and beyond through an inclusive, anti-racist lens using whole-body kinaesthetic learning methods.
The program is designed to empower, engage and educate preschoolers. Our classes focus on STEAM and diversity education, with the goal of creating global leaders. Additionally, all classes are taught in North America’s First and only children’s basketball facility – the coolest classroom ever!
Be a part of something SPECIAL. Join our fun, lively, PASSIONATE family and make a difference in the lives of children and the world!
- Are you an ECE/OCT with extensive experience teaching preschool?
- Are you an anti-racist educator who has a passion for diversity education?
- Are you able to use excellent innovative and creative skills to combine academics with physical activity to design and implement inclusive, FUN lessons that celebrate all of the beautiful shades of humanity while also teaching children academics?
- Are you fluent with the ELECT and the Growing Success Document?
- Do you have extensive experience tracking development, recording anecdotal notes and creating progress reports?
- Are you an OUTSTANDING ROLE MODEL for youth in our community?
- Do you have knowledge of/experience in kinaesthetic learning?
- Are you FUN, LIVELY, EXTREMELY OUTGOING and ANIMATED?
- Do you possess EXCELLENT verbal communication skills and are extremely RELIABLE?
- Are you able to find your inner child to be playful, silly, fun and imaginative?
- Do you have a PASSION for CHILDREN, INCLUSIVITY and BASKETBALL?
If so, we would LOVE to hear from you!
We are currently on the hunt for the following positions:
- Preschool Teacher
- Support Teacher
If Hired You Will:
- Teach half day classes of 24 students between the ages of 30 months – 6 years old through an anti-racist, inclusive, kinaesthetic lens
- Develop unit plans and take-home materials with a focus on diversity education covering the Little Dribblers Curriculum in a FUN and creative way!
Example: During our Around the World unit, we will transform our facility into a different country every week. Students will be granted “passports” and after flyingto the destination of the week will explore the country’s music, art, literature and culture all while learning math, geography, language, art and much more! Some learning experiences include learning about the Kings and Queens and rich history of Africa, the many people and languages of Asia, Caribbean food and culture, North American Aboriginal customs and traditions and much, much more!
- Engage in consistent communication and feedback with parents and staff
- Take advantage of the brain boosting effects of movement by infusing lessons with physical activity
- Record daily notes for each individual child, develop, track and asses individual learning goals and provide weekly updates on progress
- Abide by Little Dribblers COVID-19 protocol
- Conduct formative assessment and record, edit and finalize progress reports
- Conduct parent teacher interviews
- Take FUN seriously! In addition to integrating physical activity, classes will also be infused with music and fun props that kids love such as bubbles, costumes, theatrical tricks and much more – it’s always a good time at Little Dribblers!
Consistent availability for the below shift, starting September 2022 (with very few days booked off a year), is a requirement:
Monday- Friday: 8:00am – 3:30pm
Things to note:
- First Aid Certificate must be obtained prior to hire
- All selected candidates will be subject to criminal background and reference checks
- Access to a vehicle is required
Application deadline is until position is filled
Start Date: September 2022
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.